Transfer Minecraft Worlds to Another Device – Minecraft Real Method and iOS iCloud Method – These are the two methods you can use to transfer your Minecraft worlds
How to transfer Minecraft Worlds from one device to another – using a Realm method
This method requires you to have an active Minecraft Realm.
These are the steps for transferring your world to a Realm.
- Click the pen icon to the right of your Realm in the Realms List.
- Click on Replace World to confirm.
- Select the world that you wish to change.
- Wait for the upload to complete, then click Let’s Go!
- Start Minecraft on the second device. Click the pen icon beside your Realm in the Realms section.
- Click to Download the World
- Wait for the file to download, then click “Let’s go!”
How to transfer Minecraft Worlds to another device – iOS iCloud method
These are the steps you need to take in order to transfer your entire world with an Apple iPad.
- Open the Files app from the old iPad.
- Tap on My iPad under Browse
- Tap Minecraft
- Tap the Games folder.
- Next, tap the com.mojang file.
- Find the file called minecraftWorlds. It contains all of your worlds.
- To open the menu, press and hold.
- Click Save to Files.
- Find your iCloud drive, and save the file to the iCloud Drive folders you wish to store it.
- Click Save
- Open the Files app on your iPad
- Go to iCloud Drive from the Browse screen
- Tap the folder in which you saved the minecraftWorlds file
- Hold the minecraftWorlds folder in your hand and press the menu button.
- Click Copy
- Tap iCloud Drive in the top right corner next to Downloads
- Tap the top for locations
- The main Browse menu should now be open.
- Tap on My iPad
- Tap Minecraft
- Next, tap Games
- Tap Mojang
- Click in the empty space on the next screen
- Press and hold to bring the menu up
- Copy and Paste
- Tap Replace
Where are your Minecraft Files stored?
Depending on the game you are playing, this is where you’ll find your saved files.
- Android & Amazon Fire OS > /Android/data/com.mojang.minecraftpe/files/games/com.mojang/
- Apple iOS > /On My iPhone/Minecraft/games/com.mojang/
- Minecraft for Windows & Windows Phone > %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang\
- Xbox One > Xbox One local game saves